Friday, December 21, 2007

It's 3a.m. I must be lonely

...which would be why my daughter initiated the "go to mom's elbow, pause for brief interim, then run to bathroom to barf" drill

It made for restful sleep from then on, as you can imagine. Who the hell booked them both for 8 am dentist appointments today? Oh, wait.

Yesterday was a vague blur of making projects I should have done weeks ago. A calendar for my mom, with pictures of the lot of us (including my bro & sis whenever possible). A plaque for my son's new cleaning business (gag gift... but he loves the Shark and I have to say it DOES work pretty well... and he will be cleaning all afternoon and tomorrow morning to work off his Santa transgressions this week at school... ) and another gift that involves printing out photos, arranging them on a tray from Michael's, blobbing "ModgePodge" all over, and hoping it really WOULD dry clear.

After that I made cookies (Scotchies, which have pecans, white chips, butterscotch chips, and some scotch whiskey...a family favorite here) and headed to choir. When I got home I had to help wrap presents that had just been purchased within the past couple of hours for friends at school. You can role model all you want, but some people don't take a hint. Sigh.

Today it's wrapping time. I should be done by just after lunch. Then, more cookies, if I feel like it. If not, oh well.

1 comment:

Sgt said...

Don't you just love how kids feel the need to tell you "I think I'm going to puke..." right before they do.

This is of course after my best efforts to tell them not to wake me unless it happens more than once or if it happens on something that can't fit in the dryer.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...