Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just a quickie post

So here's the stamped cards I made as teacher gifts. My daughter is driving me crazy... but that's another story("What are they?" "Note cards." "But what for? My teacher won't understand" - Senora recently became a citizen and I'm pretty SURE she will get the idea! Geeeeez.)

Two variations on background paper. Gold ink and embossing powder (this went from "ugh" to "hey!" when I heated the powder. ) Stamp by Rubber Soul.


Two variations (ran out of brads) on a piece with stamp by Stampin' up. I love this stamp, sometimes I color it in with markers (after I stamp). This picture's blurry because I rushed.






This one I embossed with white powder (stamp by inkadinkado) and that came out great. The background ones were a watermark ink plus distress powder... even though I heated it, it's slowly filtering off. Whoopsie.





This is my favorite, hands down. Stampin' up teddy bear.






I believe this is a stamin' up stamp... I had a complicated mistake when I first started, where I stamped a bear absolutely upside down on the card (it's not oriented the way the sticker on top is! d'oh!) so I cut up that card and turned the bears the right way and so on. This was a leftover scrap. Oy vey. But it's cute with the background paper and brads.





The basket below is also from stampin' up, and the larger flower is a clear stamp by Rhonna Farrer. I used some distress ink and embossing powder on the background flowers because I wanted them light and somewhat scuffed. I'm not exactly sure the products were idea for a stamp with this much detail. It was fun practicing though.
















I didn't go all out with these... mostly because I had to make a bunch, and wanted to keep it fairly simple. I have five people (two teachers plus consultant teacher, secretary, principal) so I took a random selection for each one.


1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

lovely.

I've given sets of stamped note cards before as teacher gifts.. they have always been well received.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...