Friday, August 12, 2011

Remembering

Here is a story about my friend.  My beloved Stanley is in this as well. You can see the view I have of the altar from the choir loft every Sunday. The photo he shows is a couple of years old, but I am in the upper left. 


http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2237731.shtml?cat=300

(The reporter who narrates this piece sang at our church for a wedding a couple of weeks ago.  We had a brief exchange over twitter when she reported that prescription drugs may have affected the driver. 

I have a general distaste for reporters because I have seen friends hurt by downright lies, but this reporter seems to be respectful while she is trying to get her story. So while I didn't want to be interviewed in this case, I am glad that I  let her know about the connection and that Stanley spoke to her. It was a nice tribute. The media coverage initially emphasized "three elderly women" and they were not simply old shells... They were wonderful individuals. )

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...