Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Quick notes

I have had a cricket in my basement for 3 days now. Jiminy is chirping all night long, and he echoes through most of the house's ductwork, but I can't hear it when I sleep because of where our room is. (For once having the room farthest from the furnace pays off.) Any suggestions for saving/ sparing his little soulless life?

I just spoke to my sister for 1 hour and 6 minutes. .. and 26 seconds. Not about the cricket... mostly about how unreasonable people can be when they get a, well, bug in their basement and flip out over something very small. It only takes one negative person to break a WHOLE lot of positive momentum.

I am down 11 pounds since my gall bladder began its own private revolution. I have literally walked part of the sole off of one of my sneakers. My new sneakers are giving me savage blisters. Help!

And finally, after surviving having a family party this weekend, I have the following rules to offer to one and all:
  • Don't criticize what the host serves, or the entertainment (music, games, etc) they provide. It's annoying!
  • Do not make jokes that will wound your wife's feelings, especially in front of YOUR entire family. Baaaaad idea. (My BIL can NOT master this rule.)
  • Do not be the first to arrive, the first to leave, OR the last to leave, and for pete's sake bring SOMETHING.
  • Don't have family parties if the rules above make you tense, because they are inevitably broken at EVERY family party.

3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I've never had to deal with the cricket in the basement thing, but why not try it the Disney way? Just wish up on a star.

Yeah, lame. I got nothin better.

Johnny Virgil said...

I usually wish upon a bug bomb.

Carly said...

Well...

I think Jiminy's dead. Can we have a moment of silence?

PS: Wouldn't a bug bomb spread up thru my whole house via the heat ducts? Are ya trying to kill me?

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...