Sunday, August 20, 2006

Scenes from my morning walk

Traces of the LOUD thunderstorm that required swapping places with my son at or before 2:31 a.m. (It's been a while since I woke up in a bed and had that momentary "where the hell am I?" feeling. It smells just a little like pee. Hmmm.)

A duck started waddling toward me. I crossed the street. Still determined, s/he veered toward me. Are you kidding? I'm not going to burst into flames today, but I'm going to be attacked by a deranged duck? Seriously?

A drop of sweat rolled down my forehead and into my eye. The high alcohol content temporarily blinded me.

And the iPod swings on...

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

(sigh) I miss my daily walks. Stupid body.. although the dh says we can walk to school tonight after dinner and back. That's almost a joke walk, but being I can't move quite fast yet it will seem like a mountains.

We had that same thunderstorm pass through last night, well, so I'm told. I slept right through it which is unusual for me. Enjoy the rest of Sunday!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...