Saturday, August 12, 2006

Seven minutes

I am giving myself seven minutes to type.

I really have 10,000 things to do but I "miss" my blog.

The other day I was sitting with Suzy watching one of those shows about babies being born (on Lifetime or some channel like that). Suzy likes them. It was a caesarian delivery of twins. I was somewhat horrified at the abrupt way the doctor YANKED the baby out of the womb. The baby almost seemed to be stuck, and the tugging and twisting that ensued freaked me out.

I have felt that way. From time to time I carve out a few minutes for myself and then BLAM! A hand reaches into my quiet space and drags me kicking and screaming out into the blinding light of the "real" world.

Summer seems to already be accelerating towards the finish line. It makes me sad. The school year fills me with dread. New PTA responsibilites on top of the issues with my daughter's IEP needs, and the new braces that go on in FOUR days at an staggering cost.

But first I have a beach to go to, in about a week. I'm going to parasail! I'm going to FLY.

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

can you believe school is about to start? I just started my vacation, how is this possible?? Good luck with the braces, and the IEP issues.. slow and steady...

and enjoy the beach!!

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

The parasailing is going to be fun! I want to try that someday.

Johnny Virgil said...

they never keep you up there long enough.....french bastards.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...