Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Art

So, I'm inclined to think that most people would expect to see the ENTIRE window, as in this shot....


but how do you like this one?


I don't know if the rule of thirds is really useful in this setting, but I did put Mary "on the grid".

I was at another church the other evening (early enough to catch the sunset light coming through this window and two others). This particular church is slated to close in 2010. More beautiful statues gathering dust, more stained glass artistry about to be boarded up. When I was a teen I used to wish that I could create stained glass windows. There's something about them I love.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...