Friday, March 27, 2009

Probably not, but SO glad you asked

Fran stands next to me in choir. She is, um, well, let's say "definitely retired" and leave it at that. She scares me a little; long ago she used to teach voice so she is VERY particular about holding notes and reading the markings and so on. No sloppy singing please.

Once she actually slapped me... or at least, my foot. I was exhausted (this was back when I was on medications for my heart problem) and slumped back in my chair, with one foot up on my other leg's knee. I was basically about to fall asleep. She SMACKED that foot off my leg and said sternly "Sit up." Yes, ma'am.

That being said, standing next to her for five years, I have learned SO much about reading music and singing (forming words so that the sound better, like singing Lawd and not Lorrrrrd, and so on)

So anyway, we filmed that special mass today. Before we started the actual shooting a producer announced that everyone should check their cellphones and turn them off and not do any texting during the service. (:::eyeroll::::)

Fran pipes up "Can we Tweet?"

Exponentially awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PRICELESS!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...