Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's (not) so hard to say goodbye to yesterday

This afternoon I tried to write a 'farewell note' to my coworkers. Didn't send it.

Maybe I've missed someone. But most of the people I know, I've talked to, in person or on the phone, or via facebook/ IM texts / email, in the past 5 days. And I just don't think anyone else will care. I mean, yes they're sorry to see me laid off, but in a more abstract way and not "Carly won't be around to go have coffee with anymore". *

Will it be strange to walk down the hallway one last time, and not know that in a few days I'll be back and the doors will thunk shut behind me as though I'd never left? Sure. I've worked for ONE company, almost 22 years. But I've already done the months of discouraged uncertainty. I feel a sense of peace with what is happening.

I did have a great line about how disappointed I was in management's decision to notify me in a group. But in the end, I just can't be bothered to fling that oh so clever note out there. It just doesn't matter. It's time for me to move on.


* I don't drink coffee. ;-)




Carly(via Blackberry)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...