Tuesday, March 31, 2009

new friends and old

Three new blogs I am enjoying lately...

I love - LOVE -- Pioneer Woman for her recipes, her photoshop tutorials (haven't tried any of the actions for Photoshop that she offers yet, but I will, you know, ....when the yearbook is done), her stories about life on the ranch with Marlboro Man, oh... just go check her out already. I guess it's my "I read every Laura Ingalls Wilder book" thing coming back to haunt me.

I found her on Bakerella (you HAVE to go look at the cute "cake pops" she makes)

My third favorite new read is sort of a tie between Bitshitdad and the Meanest Mom . Because, well he actually TOLD his kids we become FOOD FOR WORMS after we die...

(....and thus when asked what happened when we die I said that essentially that was it, blackness, void, nothing and we became food for worms and no, there was no big party where we would all meet up again...)

which is horrifyingly funny because oh my god did you really DO THAT, and she takes photos of her kids having tantrums and POSTS THEM, and that's just something I never got around to doing myself, so I salute her. Heh heh.

As far as "Old friends", today one of my FAVORITE college friends got back in touch with me via Facebook...she had moved and got married and I lost track of her about ten years ago, so I am THRILLED to see her name. ( I am a total Facebook junkie. My cheesecake Tuesday partners want me to come up with a great Facebook app for them to write. I'm thinking. Thinking. No ideas, but I'm thinking.)

1 comment:

emmay said...

I've been a fan of Bakerella and Pioneer Woman for awhile now...in fact, tomorrow night's dinner is a PW recipe, and Bakerella's red velvet cake balls have been a big hit with friends and family alike (God I feel like I'm advertising for them....but really, I second those recs.) I'll have to check out the other two.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...