Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Making Lemonade

So... today I was given "hard notice"... which means two weeks from today I will be an "ex" employee.

The formal notice was a meeting that was rather excrutiatingly unpleasant... there were actually a bunch of us in the room, all being told at the same time, and one woman cried throughout the process. One of my longtime teammates and I were in the meeting together and we expected a longer notice period, so that was a "Huh?" moment. I do feel very VERY grateful to be getting separation pay for a while, and that's all I'll say about that.

I cried a little, but not during that actual meeting - I saw a friend of mine in the restroom before I went to the meeting, and she hugged me, and that did it... and then one of my longtime friends / bosses came to see if I was ok, and I am, but of course that made me cry because it was so sweet of her.

I guess I could say I am relieved that it's no longer hanging over me. I feel that I have a small window of time before I start searching in earnest -- to finish up some things I committed to do for school, some SERIOUS spring cleaning, and then there is the matter of a certain race I plan to run in a little over 10 weeks. And I also hope to take plenty of photos, and road trip out to see two of my favorite people. (I am SO bringing a ton of Freihoffer's cookies to you guys - you were so awesome to support me the way you did today)

So now I get to put my motto to the test:

I guess if you don't jump, you never know if you can fly.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will land on your feet. If you need help with a resume or anything, let me know. Scott said to give you hugs. so (hugs)

M

onescrappychick said...

take care of yourself these last two weeks ((hugs))

Sgt said...

Sorry to read this.

I know however, that if you put even half the effort you put into this blog you'll survive just fine.

If you ever need a character reference I'd happily offer one. I mean... who's a bigger character than I right?

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...