Friday, March 06, 2009

Did Rosie drown her sorrows in fudge ripple?


I am working on creating a mindset for myself where I will not fall into a puddle of weeping goo on the floor if I am one of the people who are job eliminated. My hope is to hold my head high, walk out quietly, and then go home. There I will probably proceed to eat a half gallon of maple walnut ice cream, with about 3 bananas and more walnuts on top. Oh, and real whipped cream, thank you very much. (I don't think having a drink would really be a good idea when trying to avoid the weepy.)

Because, hey, my house REALLY needs a good damn spring cleaning, and I always wish I had more time to run, and there are other things that I need to be doing. This mindset is only made PARTLY possible by my long tenure with the company and that they haven't yet announced any changes to separation packages. I would have some breathing room, before I had to completely panic about finding a job. Not much, because I know it's bad, but a bit of room.

(This photo is described further here.)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...