Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Idiot Box

This is why I am being sure to shut OFF the tv every day when the others leave...

a couple of years ago my kid got some teeth pulled and got loopy. Some other dude videotaped HIS kid having a similar reaction...right down the to the double vision, and it was on YouTube and got something like 16 million hits, (nope, I can't be bothered to search for it, you go ahead) and so he was on the Today show, where the crew is rather mercilessly mocking Matt Lauer about his little run in with Bambi, but I digress....

IS THERE NO REAL NEWS? Wait for it... there is a writer who did an Op Ed piece condemning the dad because parents should protect their children from drugs, not exploit them. Oooh, manufactured controversy. Based on this event. Really.

Obviously, she has no familiarity with the orthodontic process. Anesthesia is a drug, yes. Kids freak out at the thought of getting teeth yanked out. Who doesn't?? No one popped open a Coors lite for this kid and got him drunk. Seriously people.

At the end of the segment Dad even got his own shot in at Lauer, telling him he should put a deer whistle on his bike. Nervy bastard.



Well, I'm off to unearth my art desk. A yearbook in progress exploded all over it.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...