Monday, March 30, 2009

Yes, Jordan?

So tonight we brought Kid1 to 9th grade orientation (because it will be at a different school).

I was very proud of my quiet, well behaved kid when this young "lady", Jordan, interrupted the guidance counselor 1,000 times. Mind you, there were 40 people in the room

You could see the GC get more annoyed each time. She would say, for example, that there will be two labs each week and J would blurt out "how many?". Or that something is a requirement ("Do we have to take it?")

Over the course of one hour the presentation was literally ground to a halt by this kid. Over and over.

I am SO sure Jordan will be in EVERY class with my kid......


Carly(via Blackberry)

3 comments:

Trish said...

good Lord!

Maybe Miss Jordan isn't quite ready for 9th grade?

I went to school with a gal like that though. "But Mr Pillsburyyyyyyyy, I don't understaaaaand!" was her mantra. After about 3 rounds of that in class, Mr Pillsbury would say "Karen, let's talk after class in the department office". He'd grab a cup of coffee, sit down at the department study table with her and walk her through her questions, sometimes grabbing other teachers to help--being a fairly big group office.

Good luck to your incoming freshman, sounds like y'all will need it.

Carly said...

I don't mean to sound like I'm disparaging this.... sometimes a morning does of Ritalin wears off the closer a child gets to bedtime and you can see a noticable decrease in a child's ability to stay on track.

This meeting started after dinnertime, so... I just hope she actually takes some in the mornings if that is in fact something that would help her.

onescrappychick said...

We had our orientation last month.. and I was amazed at some of the kids who had their ear buds in while the teachers/dept heads were speaking. I know it was more for the parents.. but how rude. (and OMG.. HS! I'm not ready!!!!)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...