Tuesday, March 10, 2009

That special time of year

Yes, kids, not only is it basketball playoff season.

Can I digress to say that my kid's best friend hit all his foul shots Sunday and screwed me out of $70?? That's what I paid for my two to participate in Honors Band; the performance of which is OF COURSE at the same time as the championship my kid will now be lacing up his hightop sneakers for.

Good thing I did all that nagging about practice, huh?

Where was I ? Oh, right. The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year. LEARNING FAIR!!! And you all thought it was Christmas!!!

This year we had to make a volcano. And it must be a specific volcano, that the kids picked around january and did a paper on. Oh, and wait for it -- it has to smoke, or put out lava, Just Like The Real One.

Eff me.

As usual Suzy came in to save the day before I completely shorted out, and we now have a bitching volcano on my kitchen table, which she patiently talked Kid through while I did groceries, cooking, laundry and other Stuff. Photos tomorrow.

All in all we had time to do this project and I called in the big guns so it all tricked me into thinking "this wasn't so bad".

Ha.

Today my son advised us he has to attend the LF (next Thursday) in costume as a greek mythological figure, Orpheus.

Seriously. I mean, a toga, right?? Right???


Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Our curriculum fair is on the 23rd. I am never more grateful for all the work we do at school to pull it off... as I am when I read about your LF.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...