Thursday, March 19, 2009

Short timer

For the first morning in a while I woke up and didn't whimper at the thought of going to the office ;-)

I may not be required to actually go IN anymore after Monday or so (fingers crossed--- I have so many fun things to start doing and stuff I want to get DONE for school....) - I just went out onto my beautiful new screen porch and grinned from ear to ear at the thought of all of the LOVELY spring and early summer afternoons I will be spending there.

My rough plans are to get up each day, kick the rest of the family out of the house, (HeeHeee), and have a leisurely cup of tea contemplating NOTHING AT ALL. And reveling in the fact that I could do NOTHING AT ALL, all day, and GET A PAYCHECK ANYWAY. God Bless America.

Then I will spend a couple of hours on spring cleaning and decluttering (the main floor, the garage, attic, basement...sigh). After that, go for a run, eat lunch and then spend time on some of my art projects that have been not-so-patiently waiting. Somewhere before or after "cook dinner from actual real food" will be a daily chunk of time spent on the online CBT's that I will have access to as part of the outsourcing services.

Once school lets out I will be looking for different places around here to take the kids on hikes, and other fun stuff that's relatively cheap, and we will make the round of FWPs (Friends With POOLS!!!! It better not effing rain all summer long, or you will HEAR me screaming from wherever you are). I promised Mr. Carly I would start earnestly searching for a job around Aug 1st... hopefully though, I can strrrrrrretch out my vacation just a little bit beyond that.

Now if only I didn't have to actually GET a job. Ever again. Sigh.....

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

It sounds lovely. We found out yesterday they've taken away all our 1/2 days and workshop days for the rest of the year so we can back our last day of school up to June 24th (thank GOD!). I can't wait.

Nick Ward said...

Really great that you're feeling positive about this whole awful chapter that's about to close. Keep it up!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...