Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm really not going back there, am I?

I did pretty well yesterday but after dinner I had "a moment". Or about 45 minutes worth.

It reminded me of when I did my first 5k. It was time to line up and I went WAAAAY to the back of the pack. I stood there and freaked out about how all of these other people were going to run away ahead of me and I'd be last, with a police motorcycle practically clipping the backs of my sneakers.

So yes, I freaked a little last night. It was that same "Oh my god, NOW what will I do?" feeling.

But I ran anyway then, so I guess that's what I have to do now.

I was "good" and got up this morning with the rest of the family, got dressed, and wrote out some bills. Brilliant, now I'm more anxious. But hey, my heat bill is $100 lower this month.

By the way, you may recall I was pleasantly surprised how things turned out in that 5 K. Ran into things I didn't anticipate (the new gatorade flavor I tried was NOT delicious, gag me, and there were high school kids passing out on the sidelines of the race from the heat so what the helllll was I doing running????) but I kept going, and in the end I was happy with the results of my efforts. A decent time, within my goals.

Here's hoping, this summer will go as well.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...