Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The April Fool


I am feeling kind of this today. I went to the park yesterday and took some pictures and they were kind of reflective of the inbetween insideout upsidedown state I find myself in, some days. Bare branches against an early spring sky, nothing to ooh and ahh over yet. Nothing's GREEN yet, there are tulips starting to poke through the ground but nothing has really developed yet....
Some days, it bothers me that other people have a place to go, and I don't. I guess today is one of those days, because it's officially my "final" day of work even though I haven't been in the office since last Monday. Working almost 22 years for ONE company is almost unheard of nowadays, at least for someone my age.
I have people offering to help me, but I don't know what I want. In my perfect daydream I would do something with photos or graphics on a computer (not like the bizzarre photo here, of course... that's just a moody thing I did on the spur of the moment after I downloaded the pictures and found them blah). But I don't know how to define or quantify what work I'm looking for and figure out what skills I need to add in order to do it.
At any rate, the yearbook awaits....

1 comment:

Sgt said...

Love the picture. I've already stolen it and made it my background. (wide screen formats in the future would be great k..thx)

As for what to do, maybe try something different. Take up one of those friends for a job doing the least likely thing you'd want. Who knows. Maybe it will be fun. Worst case, its not and its still a paycheck.

When all else fails, there is always exotic dancing. No no no... don't answer yet.. just think about it.

:-)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...