Saturday, April 11, 2009

A sweeeeet dillemma

So. I am supposed to be good and not eating lots of cake and cookies and nonsense like that. A1c and all.

I was assigned to bring the cake to the family gathering / birthday celebration tomorrow.

(pardon this interruption: The Veronicas / Take me on the floor is a very gooood song, y'all....I love my Sirius)

So since I was awake at 7 am, I got a cake in the oven by 8. It's just a big rectangle two mix ... technically a birthday cake but given that the family gathering was this weekend I had plans to put a chocolate bunny on top, with frosting / colored sugar "grass" and I even have mini speckled eggs, and tiny candy things that would be the right size to be "jelly beans".

Of course, at 8:42 the person who was hosting the family gathering (BIL "J") called to say that my sister in law has the flu and "you didn't make the cake yet, right?"

Well, technically, no.

Now I have this naked cake to figure out what to do with. Sigh....

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...