Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Rambling

It has been four weeks since my "job-ectomy". I have to say, it's nice to just flit around here and there in the beautiful spring weather having lunch with friends (except that Cheesecake Tuesday tanked yesterday! THEY HAD NO CHEESECAKE ready when I got there.... oh, the humanity....)

It has helped to have all this spare time so that I can do some things for school, etc that I would not otherwise have gotten done without sacrificing sleep. I enjoy being able to just cook an unhurried meal for no particular reason and have the evening more or less "free" to watch tv afterward (and sleep in a little bit today, to 8 am.... big deal!!!)

I do struggle a little bit with the "oh my god, who is going to hire me" stuff, when I read the want ads. Those are depressing things. I have the luxury of salary continuance for a while... but then what? I guess in June when I start working with the placement center I'll work on that some more.

And the dreams. Last night I woke at 4 am in terror. I was dreaming that someone put some sort of giant scuba hood on me, but there was something not right about it and I couldn't breathe inside of it. It was a "holy crap" moment. Not sure where that came from.

I had another one where I was back at school (this is a classic "I'm facing something new" dream for me, I dream that I'm back in school and can't find my schedule, classes, etc) only this time I seemed fairly ok - none of the confusion that the dream normally brings. Someone gave me a giant whiteboard. A modern-times "blank slate", I suppose. That was a more optimistic moment.

Today I am going to make a few calls that really need to be done, go buy jeans for my daughter, (maybe try again for cheesecake), take my FIL out for a birthday dinner, and so on.

Note the lack of spring cleaning. Oh, I've got supplies. Chemicals to clean windows and rugs and wood and just EVERYTHING. But who REALLY wants to do spring cleaning?????

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...