Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Today's Adventures

Woke up at 3 am worrying about the school raffle. Yes, it's definitely springtime.

Going to lunch with my parents today. Talked with Suzy (via text) about getting them to agree to go out to and she replied "You realize I have a better chance of catching a unicorn." Well yeah, there's that.

I have to whip up a birthday cake for various family celebrations that will be combined onto one, on Sunday. Easter Sunday.

As in, I have to sing Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday morning at 11 which will go almost until 1, and I have to have a cake for Sunday at 4pm. Sigh. This totally ruins my plans to drive to Albany for a casting call for extras (on Saturday). There goes my big chance to be famous in the background of a straight to dvd movie. One dream thwarted ;-)

But back to the cake, I was thinking of making a cupcake from Hello Cupcake and the corn on the cob is looking good (hello, jellybeans, Easter... it's current! Bonus, the kids can help....) but the reality is that will probably take too much time, and I'll just go with some cute pastel frosting. Maybe some spring time m&m's on top... and then a nap.

I am loving Sirius while I am home all day. It keeps me from parking in front of the tv. The PC, well, that's another story but at least I am getting SOME things done. Kind of (I'm burning a cd for my dad right now....)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

I was thinking of making cupcakes from that book for Easter also. (I have desert duty this year, and am already getting a Boston Cream Pie).. but we'll see how the weekend shapes up. I contemplated the cute easter egg ones nearer to the back.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...