Monday, February 23, 2009

Hello, Cupcake!


I bought Hello Cupcake the other day... I was in the megahuge bookstore that just opened in the mall near me, and I flipped through the book and loved it.

There is a page that has cupcakes arranged to look like a plate of pasta (see, at left? it's CAKE.... with frosting "pasta", strawberry jam and chocolate covered candies...)



This is a clever book with more cute ideas that I will probably never get to try, but given that I've been decorating cakes for almost 15 years, leafing through this book is entertaining for me, if I'm snowed in the house... and there is wine.





I will be making this particular project when I make lunch for my brother in law. He wants a ruben with steak fries. (This is from our Superbowl squares bet, winner at halftime got to pick anything at all for a lunch that the other family members to cook for him, and he went easy on me. The final score winner gets dinner - my nephew won that -- and so far I have him sold on fettucini alfredo with shrimp and broccoli. )

Two frosting covered thumbs up!! It's available on Amazon.

4 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Every time we are in Border's.. Ashley and I think about buying that book. I can't wait to hear how you like it once you try some of the recipes.

Anonymous said...

That's what ice cream looks like in Germany. kids LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carly,

All I can say is nothing goes better with spaghetti than wine. I hope you post a photo of your cupcakes, and don't forget the parmesan cheese!

Happy Cupcaking!,
Alan Richardson, Hello, Cupcake!

emmay said...

I got this book for christmas! I love it! Ruthie has a birthday next week and she decided she wanted butterfly cupcakes, so the monarchs it us,m except they won;tr be monarchs cuz they'll be pink and orange.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...