Sunday, February 22, 2009

Yankee Mural... now even MORE done


So I added a few things... touched up the white lines and foul poles, worked on the dugouts, and added ONE more thing...can you spot it? Just a tiny detail - click on the photo to go view the notes in Flickr.

The SCARY thing is... yesterday we went to Michael's. My son has to make a volcano. We bought plaster of paris type stuff and a can of brown spray paint to finish that project... and a can of clear matte sealer for MY project.

Well, I'm sure you can see where this story is going... the WRONG CAN ended up with all of my paints for this project. More than once yesterday afternoon I picked up the can of brown paint without realizing what it was, shook it a little, and debated starting to "coat & protect" my mural. With dark brown paint. ::::thud::::

But because I am a picky pain in the you know what, there were things I didn't like about the mural, and I kept deciding "I'll just fix this", or "I'll just add a little more on that part"....and then I didn't want to spray while any of it was wet, so....

After dinner Mr. C went out to the car to bring in a few things that hadn't been carried in the house when we first got home, and we all realized the sealer was in THOSE bags.... and that I had been THISCLOSE to using the brown paint all afternoon.

I can't even imagine what I would have done, if I had sprayed a blast of brown all over this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU JESUS! :)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...