Thursday, February 12, 2009

My pc now has more memory than I do

A friend of mine helped me order some additional memory for my pc... it's about 3 years old which means I might as well throw it into the pond behind my house, as far as technology is concerned. But since I cut down the money tree in my yard a long time agooooo....


So it's a Dell tower, and they have this bizarre way of opening up. When I used to help with LAN support eons ago (when all you had to be capable of was following a few basic steps), covers used to slide off. So I tried about three times to get the cover to slide, forwards, backwards, up... not happening. By accident I figured out that the PC opens rather like a book or a clamshell up on its side.


Then I saw the dust. Oh yeah....





This gives you a little bit of an idea. The inside was just CAKED with all the gross things that internet stories tell you actually make up what we call "dust".

I have no working "dustbuster" right now, and so... I used my hairdryer on the cold setting to blow the dust out. It's all over my desk now. It was not a perfect plan.

But hey, you should see how fast my pc boots up now.

1 comment:

Nick Ward said...

Hee hee! The trick when you're dusting out your machine is to suck the dust in! Good news for the memory, though. Just apgraded mine, and it's now just like new.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...