Sunday, February 01, 2009

Aaaaagh

So every year we make a grid with the seven of us repeated over and over. (My four, BIL, SIL, and nephew) right before the superbowl starts. Last year I almost left off a column doing it in a hurry. This year I didn't label the teams until the middle of the first quarter. Oops. I guess "bookie" is not a career path.

Last year the bets had to do with NYC - who would pick a video to play in the limo on the way down, etc

This year it was Q1 a cd , Q2 winner gets lunch of thei choice cooked by the other family. Q3 was a DVD and Q4 was dinner.

So my daughter won the cd and I was THISCLOSE to a lobster roll for lunch one day soon. Then that effing 100 yard return killed me.

No problem, I won the DVD (I'm thinking the entire boxed set of Friends) and my son was SO close to getting us salmon for dinner (seriously he loves salmon ) but NO! NO! That last touchdown screwed it all.

Now I gotta make my nephew tacos or something. Crap.


Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

LOL.. You'll have to explain this to me more.. it sounds like fun!!! My brother currently has the rest of our fam and friends over at his house.. but it's too far to drive back on a school night. (sigh)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...