Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Well now

Crazy busy times. Hmmm. Where was I ? Besides falling into myfacespacebook and not wanting to get back out...

  • I submitted the last few yearbook pages (first of two deadlines) and got them in just under the wire. No stress. Hah. People are mailing me great pictures, but in a way that they compress to a really crappy resolution once used in the online yearbook tool ::::bangs head on desk:::
  • My mother came to one of my son's basketball games. (We've had 5 in the past ten days, just saying, aaaaaaagh....) I was pretty much a wreck about how THAT would go. She sat (in her coat) with her hands clenched for the first half. Then (apparently when she realized each half was only 15 minutes and it was a good game and there were no giant crowds to be suffocated in) she took her coat off and actually seemed to have a slightly good time. Baby steps.
  • I am the (entire) nominating committe for next year's PTA elections. This, you see, is the way to keep my name completely off the ballot. (I have begun turning over some of "my" events to other people. I want my free time back. I've served my tour of duty. I can't take the crazy anymore. I would say 85% of the parents there are wonderful, kind, people. However we have a few that just like to start trouble. I'm tired of the nonsense. Use your brain, contribute positively to what's going on, or go away, people. )
  • I am secretly hoping my daughter will be chosen for the May crowning (to crown a statue of Mary with flowers, old tradition in some churches, May is the month we honor Mary)
On deck for the week ahead:
  • Lost! Top Chef! Getting good. Survivor, Amazing Race, I don't have time for this much TV, people!!! I heart my DVR.
  • Saturday my sister in law and I will be cooking a feast. Because, Valentines day + restaurant = crappy service + high prices = no way. I'll post our menu separately.
  • Sunday, more basketball, maybe my parents will come again. :::cue scary music::::
  • Monday is a bank holiday... could be my last ever, who knows.... friggin economy...my job is not 100% secure right now, but is anyone's?? Monday I will sleep in and be generally lazy. Then maybe I'll finish THE MURAL. I know.
  • Entertaining / cracking the whip on my kids for a week of vacation. Whyyyyy we need a vacation week now when I am too poor to go somewhere warm.... I dunno.
  • Nagging aplenty for Honors Band practice to occur in my house. I finally got them to START, by threatening Bad Things, and they realized "hey... this music is hard...." -- YA THINK???????

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...