Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lucky?

I had to be up early after a late night that was only late because of a little issue involving a tow truck (sigh...). I was Not Happy about any of that.

I had to go to school to cook, but first I had to go buy buttermilk(to make dressing, we use mayo, buttermilk, and powdered ranch dressing mix). So I went to the local convenience store, because for some reason they carry TONS of buttermilk. I dunno. I never would have thought they would have that crap.

I used the ATM there... and got an extra $20. I told the clerk he needed to call and get the machine serviced. (Knowing that atm's track whether or not they successfully distribute bills in a transaction, and other stuff... I wasn't as excited as someone else might be. I know I'll have that $20 deducted from my checking account balance in the end.) He tried a "Oh, I know who that was, she was just here and didn't get her money" on me, and I gave him the hairy eyeball and said "tell her to call her bank". (For the record I did call my own bank to see if I could straighten it out sooner rather than later, but no, because it wasn't our ATM.)

I got to school and started working. I have a team of myself plus four others.... ONE person showed up a half hour after I got there. Me, not happy. Tons of work. Work of my own at home not getting done. Family members driving me up the wall via cell phone.

Today has been a lost day. It's almost dinnertime and I managed to get mix into my bread machine, so there will at least be nice bread for dinner. ... dinner which I get to cook for myself, because I am home alone, and clean up the mess myself... which is ok, even though I'm So Tired, mainly because I am not At Another Freaking Basketball Game. This one was literally 45 minutes from here and the directions from our coach were so sketchy, I wonder if the guy can find his, you know what, with both hands. Google maps can't help you if you don't have a street address for a place out in nowhere land.

So, in short: Tired, overworked, cranky. Feeling only semi lucky. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...