Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good parenting gone horribly wrong...

So my friend talked about her parenting style, and how she prefers to use humor when her kids misbehave.

Hmm. When I get mad at my kids I don't stop and think "I should use humor here". I just tell them I'm mad, and why.

And when I want them to practice honors band music, I simply announce that "at seven o'clock you guys will practice".

It seemed like a good idea an HOUR ago, but now they're still doing it...


Carly(via Blackberry)

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I wonder how she feels about yelling. I don't always stop and think either.. which causes some issues in my own parenting (esp. with my 14 yr old son), but umm.. I don't use humor. And my kids practice their instruments together sometimes. I thought it was cute the first few times. Now it's just loud.

Anonymous said...

You should read this new blog about being a parent ... Best example of good parenting I’ve ever heard! http://bitshitdad.blogspot.com/

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...