Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The elephant in the room

Yesterday morning, I woke up and fought with you again, about all of the things that I guess we will never agree on. Of course, it was all in my head, after I hit the snooze button. I didn't know why I was arguing with you at length; for some reason it had just bubbled up, as though from a broken watermain in the street. I assumed it was a byproduct of my new timewaster of looking up everyone I've ever known, on facebook.

And then there you were, after all this time. I turned around in a very public place, started walking away from the counter with my purchase, and almost smacked right into you. Damn. I could see that you were with other people that I don't know. So I just walked on by. I don't think well on my feet. I hate confrontations.

What is there to say, that I didn't say a thousand times, back then? You didn't want to hear it.
So I sat, hands shaking, listening to another friend, and trying to focus on the here and the now. It all seems so long ago and far away. Do I wish we were still friends? I guess I'd have to say I wish I was still friends with the person I used to think you were. And that I will spend the rest of my life wondering whether I saw your true colors THEN, or now.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...