Sunday, February 01, 2009

Why HIPPA laws were invented

The other day at the urgent care center a man in his mid 60's came in after we did. ("We" being myself, sick, and my child, who said "I think I have strep". Cha-ching. TWO urgent care copays. Drinks are NOT on me today.)

He sat a short distance away from me, and I didn't really notice him until he went up to the window. The nurse/ receptionist asked what the problem was with his finger - apparently he was vague on the form.

I heard him say "Well, I shut it in my car door, the other day. I thought it seemed fine because I could bend it and all. But now I think I have ( an infection maybe? he said omething unitelligible, to your basic eavesdropper, with pointing going on) and I thought about usinging one of my power drills to drain it but I thought maybe that wasn't the best idea."

I died. Right there. Because he came back over and sat relatively near me and I could NOT burst into hysterical laughter. Died, I tell you.

1 comment:

Johnny Virgil said...

pleaseletitbehishandpleaseletitbehishandpleaseletitbehishand....

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...