Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Hold on

Yesterday sucked. There, I said it, universe. If you don't have wealth, and you have problems with relationships, at least you still got your health, right? Pffft.

I messed up some of the paperwork placed into my hands when they put me out the door at my former employer. An HR person called and helped me get it straight, hopefully ( I was thinking "Am I going to get paid this week????" and hopefully that's a yes... )

Then the doctor gave me the business because my A1c is up even higher than the last time I saw him. I gave excuses, pointing at what's going on in my life, and he didn't buy them... so I have to be good again now, and start journaling my food and carbs and all that stuff. Hmmmph.

Hopefully today will be better. I pulled myself out of bed when everyone else got up even though I did. Not. Want. To.

It's cheesecake Tuesday (shhh, I will eat no carbs the rest of the day and does cheesecake have that many carbs anyway ? Do NOT answer that question.) so getting out of the house will do me good.

I also have a connection I am working on. A friend's friend's husband does the kind of work I think I want to do and I am trying to work out a lunch date. Wish me luck with that. My goal is to get information that can help me get into that type of work. But hey, if he recognizes my awesome potential and offers me a job, I'm on it ;-)


(Yolanda Adams:
You've got dream and you've got goals
There's a vision buring down in your soul
but hold on, there's nothing that you can't do
You've gotta be driven, motivated too
stir up the gift that God has placed in you
Hold on, the future's looking bright for you)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Hmmmmph is right. Hang in there.. some days will be good, and others will kick your arse.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...