Friday, October 22, 2010

Falling

I have a nice drive to work now and I can watch various trees show off their colors. I drive a bit slower since I'm not on the highway, and the sun rises behind me and lights up various trees along my way. Beautiful.  I hate to see them get bare though...

I went running the other night. It might be my last outdoor run for a while  I tried once in August, and felt like crap for a few days, so I thought I should wait for a while. I didn't feel like trying again until this Wednesday when I took advantage of 60* weather. 

 I have been stewing over something I really don't understand.  So I really wanted to run to clear my head and loosen up all of the tight muscles in my chest and underarms- the incisions I had are making themselves known  now that I am trying to get back to "normal" and do some fall cleaning and so on. 

I have an app that leads you through the Couch to 5K program. (The whole to5K part makes me think of Y2K, and I can't shake that association.) The idea is to combine periods of walking and running and gradually run more and more during the total workout. The nice thing about this app is that I can put songs into a playlist, and of course it manages the "run now" / "walk now" part.

When the voice told me I was halfway through my workout I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't feel like falling down, and I no longer felt like my brain was going to melt from confusion and stress.

So... progress


No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...