Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just curious

I often listen to. "Beach house" by Tony Braasch when too many people arond me at work are yakking. I just need to not be able to make out their words so that I can focus. It's waves against rocks and there's a wind chime faintly jingling. It's an hour long so I tend to accomplish quite a bit.

I wonder if there is a similar mp3 of white noise sounds of the city? I mean, I don't really like crickets or wolf sounds, and I'm just still in Why Can't I Go Back to Manhattan Now mode

Carly(via Blackberry)

4 comments:

onescrappychick said...

some lovely person sent me a CD of "The Sea" once upon a time, but I don't suppose that will help you out now will it? (winks)

emmay said...

I could sit outside your office window honking and cursing. That's pretty much Manhattan, isn't it? To make it more authentic, I could bring some fermenting trash and hit your olfactory sense as well.

Johnny Virgil said...

your wish, my command and all that.

http://www.sunsetwestproductions.com/city101.htm

Carly said...

Scrappy, I alternate between the two, actually.
Emmay, there's an ordinance now, the cabbies can't just use their horns incessantly. But the empire state building roof smells a LOT like garbage.
JV, too funny. The jackhammer might be over the top though. I guess I didn't think this through!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...