Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Looking back

I went and saw a bunch of people I used to work with for a "happy hour" tonight; the big stupid bank that laid me off two years ago axed a few more people recently and I met some of the refugees for a drink.

I don't miss the daily tension, stress and drama that comes with working at a large and badly managed corporation!

I do miss my friends. But time marches on... I can't believe it's been two years. I am a different person now.

For the most part I am happier now, except for a faintly nagging feeling on various topics- that I should maybe look for a more challenging job, for instance.

Or maybe I could quit my job and run away to Pittsburgh for the summer!!! (photo from my recent trip... I was almost there, and racing to dodge a few bands of thunderstorms...)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...