Saturday, December 03, 2005

Sorry Virginia, there really isn't....

I thought we had this covered but I guess I was wrong.

Turns out my little darling thought that I was Santa's HELPER... and didn't get the part where he is a LEGEND.... or as Barry Manilow puts it "I guess there ain't no Santy Claus".....

She said to me tonight when we were sitting alone at dinner "I have to make my list for Santa". I said "Don't bother, I'm done shopping." (Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!)

Puzzled look. "What about my stocking?"

"I got that too."

"But I thought Santa filled that?"

"I AM SANTA!"

From there, the conversation went something like Hello.... remember that talk we had? It's ME. She said "but he's in the malls" and my answer was something like "that's a crappy part time job."

The capper was when she asked me "When did he die?"

I think she's FINALLY got it now. But somehow I'm not really sure.

6 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

You should have said "He died when you stopped believing in him."

Carly said...

I want to enlighten her, not put her on a fast track to therapy, Virgil!

(Eyes widen in horror: " I killed him?!")

Anonymous said...

WHAT??!
THERE'S NO SANTA?

WHAT?!???!

(picture me holding my hands over my ears, eyes clamped shut...)
NYAH NHAY YADADADADA
I CAN'T HEAR YOU....

Anonymous said...

First Halloween, now Xmas. Is there a holiday you enjoy intact?
-poly

Carly said...

I like the fireworks on the 4th of July.

it's warm outside, so we can swim; everyone brings a covered dish, so I don't have to cook all the food; and I don't have to give anyone anything.

:-)

John said...

Even though I might seem like a kid to you, I miss being a kid.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...