Thursday, September 03, 2009

Wheels go round n round

I went to the Schagticoke Fair last night as a Photography / Meetup event. Usuall APB and I go to Meetup events together, and I feel less self conscious taking pictures with my teeny little pocket camera. Then I watch him take better pictures with his "real" camera and be more creative and.... I'm not jealous... nope. No sir. I'm also not patient with this whole "saving up for my own camera and lenses" plan.

My daughter convinced me to get on the Ferris wheel with her at just the right time. It wasn't that I was scared.... just wasn't into it, until she pointed out that I might get some good skyline photos. It was frustrating not to be able to compose the shots I wanted, but I did get one or two that I was able to edit to something that entertains me.

you can see them, plus a few more here...

There were no crowds, as you will see, it being a Tuesday night and all...wait... yesterday was Wednesday, wasn't it? Hmmm. Anyway.

I'm sure this weekend the good weather will bring EVERYBODY out. And what a sight that will be. Because, seriously, there is nothing like people watching at a county fair. Endlessly entertaining. Almost as entertaining as the event they were running, where people were wrecking their pickup trucks dragging this big machine through some mud... I have no words to clearly explain my feelings on all of that. ::::shaking head:::::

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wheel in the sky keeps on turning...
Really great pictures there, Carly. You have quite a beautiful eye. Probably 2 of them!

~y

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...