Thursday, November 09, 2006

Anyway...Happy Birthday to Myself

These two things pretty much sum up my mood these days.... the meaning of life is what you make it... don't be afraid to dream.



You can spend your whole life building
something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away
Build it anyway
You can chase a dream
that seems so out of reach
and you know it might not ever come your way,
but dream it anyway

God is great, but sometimes life ain’t good,
and when I pray..it don’t always turn out like I think it should…
but I do it anyway, I do it anyway

This world’s gone crazy and it’s hard to believe
that tomorrow will be better than today,
believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart,
for all the right reasons,
and in a moment they can choose to walk away,
love ‘em anyway

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in,
that tomorrow they’ll forget you ever sang,
sing it anyway….yeah sing it anyway…..yeah

yeah I’ll sing, I’ll dream, I’ll love… anyway

~ as sung by Martina McBride

10 comments:

JC said...

Happy Birthday! There's nothing like receiving birthday wishes from random people.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday C! Take some time for you today.

Sgt said...

Happy Birthday from yet another random person ;-)

Carly said...

The day is looking good so far!! thanks everyone!

paintergirl said...

Belated Birthday from a random fellow New Yorker! Cheers-you shouls make it a birthday weekend.

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! One day late of course, but happy birthday anyway. Come to Cleveland so I can buy you a drink. Or seven.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday

Carly said...

you scared me there for a second when you said " A drink

haha

thanks!

StrangerDanger said...

Sorry i missed it - still looking great at 41!

Steve said...

Happy belated Birthday! Sorry I haven't been by for a while.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...