Sunday, November 05, 2006

Crop You, Honey

I went to a lovely retreat this weekend with Suzy. She spoiled me with cute Pink flannel pajamas from Victoria's as an early birthday gift. And they fit! Wheeeeee! I used to not be able to fit their stuff.

It was a scrapbook gathering, so we brought tons of stuff and only worked on 1/3 of it. Such is the habit of a scrapbooker. (I stayed up until 1 a.m. and woke up around 5, talked with Suzy for an hour, and then got back to my table around 7....) Suzy made some ADORABLE things with some of the pictures from my trip to Ocean city. I may have to scan some and fuzz out the kids' faces so other scrapbookers can steal (yes, I'm looking at you, B.)

The lady in charge of the event insisted on playing TECHNO, and did so at HIGH volume, which is sooo conducive to relaxing and being artistic. Gaaaah! I ended up using my headphones and portable cd player (yeah, daughter would NOT let me take the iPod, sniffle) after InCharge actually TOOK OFF the cd we were playing, in mid song (Suzy took it up there when the cd player had been silent about 20 minutes) and InCharge said directly to me that it made her want to kill herself. I swear, that's what she said.

Rude, much? I wanted to say, (fully channeling Poly) but we can listen to a technosong with the same two phrases repeated 10,000 times without slitting OUR wrists, so what's the deal? It was Tim "my albums all go platinum" McGraw....wench. It was obvious she just didn't like ANY country music since she did the same thing with another completely different country artist a while later (after we had listened patiently to two more techno CD's. Gritting our teeth politely the entire time.*) Tolerance, darling. It's a gift. The classic part was that at the beginning of the "crop" she had said "remember, if you don't like a song, in four minutes it will be over." Poly would label this woman "entitled".

*However, I did get a hilarious lesson in how to dance "techno" from Suzy (screw in a lightbulb, mop the floor, rock the baby... mime various actions....)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I wanna send you a techno mix. 'Sucks to be you' by Prozzak would so go on it.

Yea, entitled, totally. if I'm playing to a crowd, ie not in my headphones, I mix it up with all kinds of stuff, even stuff I don't like because that's just polite. no one likes a Techno Nazi.

You're better than me cause when she pulled the kill myself crap I woulda said "i'm actually ok with that"

-p

Anonymous said...

*snorts* I don't know what I laughed harder at, your post or Polly's comment. People like that make me crazy. And FYI.. I don't steal. (huffs)

Ok, maybe. Glad you had a nice time, and yay for warm PJs!

Carly said...

Poly, I would LOVE a playlist recommendation. For when I run on the treadmill . Haha. I will never EVER play it while scrapbooking. But I hope to have a shiny new red iPod for my birthday... so recommend away.

Sgt said...

I can see the marketing blitz already. "From the people that brought you Sweating to the Oldies....Trance Scrapbooking!"

Anonymous said...

didja get your ipod? I'll make you a list..

also, pretty sure trance scrapping already occurs - some people are waaaaaaaaay too fond of their aerosol glue.

-p

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...