Thursday, July 19, 2007

Not feeling blogadocious

these days...

  • ran yesterday, hurt afterward (hips).... not happy. Been running for almost 9 months now, wtf, half of my clothes still don't fit.
  • bought a new Alton Brown cookbook (it's a couple of years old) about baking. His Bill Nye sort of mad scientist still entertains me.
  • still don't know what's up with my job... these things never move quickly, but I'm pessimistic.
  • every day I have off, it rains like crazy... hey, great fun this summer, huh kids??
  • got my "kit of the month" from Lisa Bearnson, and I'm crazy happy with it (makes 75 scrapbook style greeting cards/ 20 gift card holders, and several other goodies, cost $40)
  • still singing most Sundays, even though choir is officially on vacation. I would rather be up there... some of the songs are slightly rough but Betty and I did one this past weekend that seemed to go really well in my mind, and one of my neighbors made a point to compliment me, which made me VERY happy.
  • can someone explain to me why I can't click on the Edit HTML tag anymore? this will be a PITA this fall - I use a separate blog for our PTO's minutes.

that's all I've got...

5 comments:

onescrappychick said...

1. I'm going to be singing "Bill Nye the Science Guy" for the rest of the day. :O

2. (looks out the window)... I've nothing nice to say about the weather. But I did hear it will be better by the end of the week.

3. I can click the edit HTML tab on my dashboard just fine. I use Firefox however.. Your mileage may vary.

4. About the running thing.. you inspire me every time you lace up your sneakers and head out the door. Because of my fused hip issue.. I can't ever run again. Every time I head up that hill from hell down by the school, I think of that hill you *run* up and I'm humbled.

Sassy Blondie said...

Chin up, Carly! Take a lil break from the running for 24-48 hours...maybe you're just worn out. Be careful..I tore a calf muscle pretty badly overdoing it last year, and it was a LONG recovery.

Sgt said...

hip pain after running is usually a sign of "bad impact". Your shoes (from your other post) look pretty new, so I'm guessing they aren't worn out. That is one cause, the other is landing more flat footed when you run. When you run, you want your strides to land and roll from heal to toe. It maximizes your stride and lowers the impact on your legs and hips. Many times its just causes by being tired. As you tire out, your stride gets worse and you sort of start bouncing along. Especially on treadmills.

Weight loss is a fickle beast. Some people do it easily, others not so much. You can try changing up your aerobic workouts from just running to also other things like biking or calisthenics. Even if you just run, change it up some. Do longer, slow runs and some short faster runs.

Watch your food intake as well. Exercising can make you very hungry. Be sure your not eating more to compensate. Many small meals are better than over doing it at dinner time.

Finally, don't worry about it. Regardless of the lack of weight loss, you're improving your fitness. You are going to be much healthier.

Oh.. and it feels like it has rained here every day since around June 1st.

Carly said...

yup, Sgt, tired, bad stride, that sounds right. It doesn't usually hurt like it did yesterday but I think I did too much, I haven't been running consistently (crap weather here)

I'm going to ratchet down some and then slowly work towards the 5K on October 6... thanks

Sassy Blondie said...

Be careful Carly! Just sustained a small tear to my ligamentum teres here (hip flexor stuff). Laid up for a while now...

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...