Saturday, July 14, 2007

Looks like we're 2 - 1 - 1

Another meal from Dinner by Design. Salmon patties. Or, shall we say, "bits of salmon that are supposed to stay together in a hockey puck configuration, but really seemed disinclined to do so" ?

I was supposed to set them in a skillet in a little bit of olive oil and flip once. Hahahaha.

Well, the chunks were tasty. But the tartar sauce completely separated from being frozen. It looked nasty and there was no way I'd even consider eating it. (Think runny egg yolks with green chunks. Mmmm, tasty.)

The funny thing is, we have 3 more of these little bundles of joy in my freezer. I'm toying with just treating the next batch something like a big blob of hamburger and stir frying it. Let the flakes fall where they may.

I almost counted it as a win, because it was yummy.... but the tartar sauce just killed it. So to review,
  • Alfredo pasta and chicken and veggies - good
  • Mahi mahi with peach /grapefruit relish - awesome
  • Cornish hens - bad (due to cooking failure - lack of directions for grilling w/o plank)
  • Salmon patties - good, sauce bad.

Happy weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tasty is right...

~yk

Anonymous said...

Salmon patties... hhhmmm... I never tried a fish patty before. I'll try it when I have a chance in the kitchen. hehehe

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...