Monday, July 09, 2007

Mike Turino

This morning I dropped my kids off at a friend's house for the day. I've never been to her house so I google mapped how to get over there, and I brought a print screen with me in the Jeep.

We pulled in to the driveway of #11 WhateverStreet and got out, with tote bags (snacks, juice, bathing suits....)

We rang the bell and nothing happened. (She has two kids so I expected them to appear quickly at the door.)

Hmmm.

After a minute or two I rang again and after a while we heard the thump of approaching feet. But they sounded like big feet.

Double Hmmmm.

A guy opened the door and stared at me. I was pretty sure I'd never seen him before in my life, and I think I'd remember. I've met Amelia's husband, but only once, but I'm pretty sure he didn't change THIS much in a few short months.

I was telling Suzy about this at lunch time and she interrupted at this point and said "Did he look like Mike Turino?"

Eh?

We then had a whole conversation about Mike Delfino, the plumber from Desperate Housewives. I don't know Mike Turino, but I'm sure he's hot too.

I said "I think you mean McSteamy, coming out of the shower when McDreamy was talking to Addison. Towel, steam, six pack abs."

Except it wasn't. This guy was older, balder, and had the wrong kind of six pack evidence if you know what I mean.

There was a lovely beater car in the driveway, and he was looking at my kids (carrying full tote bags, remember) and clearly thinking "I didn't kill that rabbit". (*)

SO I asked "Um, is Amelia here?" feeling pretty sure I knew the answer. In a thick irish brogue (I swear) he said "I thin' ye got the wrong house." He didn't finish with "....Luv" but he might as well have.


We made it back to the car before dissolving into hysterical laughter. My kids, fortunately, are used to my brand of stupid and found it very funny that we were supposed to be at #33, not #11. It was all right on the printscreen....




*A 90-year-old man said to his doctor, "I've never felt better. I have an 18-year old bride who is pregnant with my child. What do you think about that?"

The doctor considered his question for a minute and then said, "I have an elderly friend who is a hunter and never misses a season. One day when he was going out in a bit of a hurry, he accidentally picked up his umbrella instead of his gun. When he got to the Creek, he saw a rabbit sitting beside the stream. He raised his umbrella and went, 'bang, bang' and the rabbit fell dead. What do you think of that?"

The 90-year-old said, "I'd say somebody else killed that rabbit."

The doctor replied, "My point exactly."

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

ROFLMAO.. I don't know which is funnier, the rabbit story or your Irish man...

Carly said...

man?

hobbitt

I've met many FINE irish men

He wasn't a-one of them

Sassy Blondie said...

I'm HORRIBLE with directions. It's the big joke in my family and in my circle of friends. I've long past worrying about knocking on the wrong doors anymore. Sad, isn't it?

I love that he was so...nice. I'm sure he thought you were a social worker dropping off his bastard love children. LOLOLOL

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...