Sunday, July 29, 2007

One reason

I don't go camping:

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Dishes-on-a-Camping-Trip

Bears vs. Carly => bears will have a big dinner...

I found a kayak I like on Dick's website... around $700 for everything so it's possible I could get one next year (they ship after 2-3 weeks so why bother this year? plus, I'm broke right now...)

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2228186&cp=2367826.2672651.2674153.2291570&view=all&parentPage=family&searchId=2291570

I'm not worried about buying a kayak to hold "gear"... tents, etc. All of my bedding will be back in my room at the Sagamore, thanks. Each condo even has a fireplace. What?


***

I broke free (temporarily) today from Mommy Guilt and snuck out to go swimming. Alone. No wave pool, no long foam noodle battles, just me and Dierks. Bliss, for 90 minutes.


***

My hip is better. It's been almost two weeks. I'm not sure how I effed it up (aside from thinking that Sgt's explaination of "crappy running form" probably covers it). I need to start running again. I mean I neeeeeeeed to. Because yesterday I was thinking "oh my god, it's almost Christmas". That right there my friends, is proof that running keeps me from going over the falls. But not to worry, I will start with walking. I've got 10 weeks until the Komen race.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

I've seen that Kayak at Dick's... as far as my untrained eye goes.. it seems like a nice one. FYI.. we've never met a bear camping. If you camp in the wild.. maybe. We go to campgrounds. More people=less bears. Good luck on the walking/running thing and girl.. it's 5 months till Christmas... don't make me twitchy

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...