Monday, December 04, 2006

I got your HO HO HO right here...

So, I never heard of Rick Reilly, but this is cool. (I go for semi-geeks...not jocks... sorry. So who is he, really? I mean I get that he has a column now, but... background??)

I am about 2/3 done with my Christmas cards. Yes, I put the envelopes through my printer. SO what? I have about 10 left to do.

I am also about 2/3 finished with my Christmas shopping, thanks to a new family agreement to buy just for the kids. (I'm cheating a little but not much. I'm making photo books on Snapfish.com for some of the grownups with old old family pictures. Check it out. ) The only problem is that I end up buying most of my family's gifts for my kids, but that's a relatively minor problem for me, control freak extraordinaire.

I bought my son the cooooolest toy ever. THIS is going to freak him right out. (Go ahead, go look. I'll wait. If you have lots of time, read the snarky comments. Yes, you, Poly.) Anyway, I bought him the percussion tubes because they're cheaper AND a little cooler.

Next job... deciding what cookies to make. Definitely Oatmeal Scotchies but I haven't decided what else. (Yes, they really do have scotch in them, plus white chips and butterscotch chips... my family demands them every year; they must be available to consume the day we decorate the trees. YES, trees, plural. I'm not really in the mood to talk about why our small home requires TWO trees.)

I like my treadmill, but the klutz key is starting to piss me off. I bump it by mistake with my hand, snag the string, WHAM, the whole program is reset to zero. Can't you just PAUSE? Oy. Otherwise, loving the treadmill. (I sneak out there when I get a phone call - yesterday Suzy thought I was WAY more upset about a problem than I actually was - I had to explain that I was on the treadmill and THAT's why I was hyperventilating. Then I slowed the speed down a little.)

Is it January yet?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley is dying to have that synth...

everytime we walk by it she's like.. "that is what I want!" Too bad she waited until I was done shopping to tell me. (eyerolls)

Carly said...

D'oh!! You are too organized!

Anonymous said...

at the risk of sounding rude i saw the blue man toy advertised on tv the other night and immediately turned to my wife and said that anyone buying that for a boy is asking for a gay son.

(looking away sheepishly) i hope he enjoys his gift.

Anonymous said...

"shoes" must not know how easy girls give it up for drummers.

Not that I'd know.

DUDE! Devo? Please, since 2.0 I can't even say the name of the overrated flowerpot people. Oh wait, i just did. Is BMG the new Devo? Maybe - they're slightly better musically. Neither rocks my world.

Are you the commenter asking if they're momma never taught them not to be potty mouths? -p

Carly said...

No, I live in a glass house, so I don't scold potty mouths. LOL.

Shoes, man... my son loves women of EVERY age. The first day of first grade his girlfriends tackled him and kissed him because they missed him all summer. I'm sooo not worried about him.

And drummers... good tempo, skilled hands... that's all I'm sayin'.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...