Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Yazoo

So Grace over at Have You Met Me mentioned Yaz and it reminded me about some songs I loved in college.

I downloaded my four or five favorites to my ipod (take the four or five most popular, like Only You and Don't Go, but make sure you get Midnight) and was dancing around making an ass of myself while I cleaned up our hovel, um, house.

My daughter looked at me with THAT look and said "what ARE you listening to?" and I replied "Yaz."

The look on her face was hilarious. In a split second I connected the dots, and sheepishly said "No, not the birth control... the band...when I was in college... nevermind" She proceeded to give me an on-the-spot theory about the BCP's being invented by a scientist my age and maybe it was HIS favorite band too. Who knows? That's my babygirl.

Of course, she also pointed out to me (between recorded episodes of Rob and Big, while we were sick and watching tv together the other day - I love Meaty)

... that I am older than the Grinch.


PS: holy crap... is electropop an early precursor to techno? Poly?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(snickers).. my son's favorite band is Yes.. which was before MY time.

ps. thanks for the lovely card!!

Anonymous said...

I love it when you hit the wall of self awareness. I only snicker a little.

And in case this comment seems snarky, I WAS going to post about techno's grandma..... -p

Carly said...

...and, did I get a playlist yet? Noooooo.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Is it Xmas? Nooooooooooo -

Some of it might be hard to find an mp3 of - I'm trying to stay w/known(ish) stuff.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...