Thursday, December 28, 2006

I just want a stove

Among the many things I apparently have to consider when purchasing a new stove (thank you, Santa, for bringing me a benefits check giving me back about 1/2 of what I've put out for braces this year!!!) is...

certified sabbath mode.


As Tim the Toolman Taylor would say, "Uuuhhhghhh?"


for me it's just a feature I'll never give another thought to, kind like that top row of buttons on my microwave. I think too many consumer products are loaded with "extra features" that go unused because people forget/don't know the feature exists or can't recall how it works.

But back to the topic at hand, isn't a mode that lets you still use the oven on the sabbath kind of like a little white lie? I mean no disrespect. But if you wish to adhere to certain customs, you can't bake your cake and eat it too. Or can you?

2 comments:

Sgt said...

Don't knock it... I'm looking to expand the options to include "Certified Lent Mode" where it will incinerate any meat products prepared on Ash Wednesday or Fridays during Lent. You know.. to protect the good catholics of the world from making a mistake and receiving the same fate.

Anonymous said...

oy vey!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...