Monday, June 26, 2006

busy busy

where did the weekend go?

.... probably down a storm drain. It's raining AGAIN. Surprise!

On Saturday I sat and fried in the sun while Son played his last baseball game. (I use "played" to mean "stood lethargically in the sun while the grounders rolled by him" and "got hit by a pitch and struck out". Not our best day.) I am the coolest mommy in the world. I mean, how many other moms cover their legs with the "bag" from a "chair-in-a-bag"? Really. Total class act. All of the coaches want me. If those damn weathermen had the FAINTEST IDEA that it would be sunny, I would have had sunscreen on my pasty white self.

Saturday evening the choir sang for our friend's wedding. Her mom looked like she wasn't a day over 35. What a dish. She was absolutely a beautiful, elegant woman in a strapless red column dress. I felt like I was truly her match in my shorts and sleveless shirt (all the better to display my tribal /lobster markings.) I was amused by one bridesmaid's tatoos (little angel wings on her shoulderblades).

Yesterday was a blur of housework, groceries, and so on.

I had to work all day today. So, now I am very tired. Adios! Au revoir. Auf wiedersehen.... and Aloha.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...