Sunday, June 18, 2006

Whomp

It's been spring forever, very rainy, very boring, and school has been slowly winding down, and all of a sudden SLAM, it's summer, and 90* today. Which of course means pool time with Suzy today (shhhhh, don't tell my kids.....)

So why are there still hockey games on TV? How long DOES that season go on anway? Aren't the four seasons of the year football, basketball, baseball and soccer? Seems like it with my son. ( I cleverly talked him out of playing soccer this fall. My alternative is to go quietly bananas in September when I have 12 million things to do, and I'm sitting on a soccer field. It was not very hard to convince him that he's not all that interested in it anymore, so I don't feel too guilty.)

Snuck up to the choir loft today. I like going up in the summer, I sing duets with Bette and get to listen to Stanley's one-liners. We're officially on hiatus for the summer but I would rather be up there, catching a slight breeze from the windows and poking through the old music.

This is my last week of "short days" at work. Normally I work Monday through Friday and I leave at 2pm. During the summer I work 3 days a week, 8 to 5. By "8" I mean "I often get there somewhere around 8:12" and by "5" I mean "I leave a few minutes early if I can help it." I really need to work on that.

2 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I KNOW you made those hockey remarks just to get my heckles up.

But I agree, the season is too long. But it HAS to be so it can last until my birthday.

Carly said...

Sh-t, I missed your birthday? Sooooory.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...