Wednesday, July 26, 2006

And I feel fine

If you've noticed, the Armageddon is at hand and we are living in the very Last Days. The signs are all there, they say. I guess I don't have to worry about paying off my credit cards after all.

Some people really do believe this, especially given the Tsunami, the hurricanes, the forest fires, the renewed mideast conflicts, and the color of nail polish I'm wearing today. Everything is a Sign.

If you're one of those people, I'm sure you stopped reading before this paragraph, but I'll still say I'm sorry... this includes my father... he pointed his "evidence" out to me last year. His bible has a chart, that shows the first, second and gospel readings for every Sunday. It went up to Easter Sunday 2006. This bothered my father QUITE a lot when he noticed it. To his mind, that meant "that's it. The end."

Me being me, I said "Uh, Dad? they only have just so much room for the chart. You know?"


This site is titled "The End of the World as We Know It... Again." Fun stuff.

1 comment:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Every day, there is a 1 in 220,000 chance that an astroid over 1 mile accross could hit Earth.

So, you have to live it up.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...