Saturday, July 15, 2006

The latest way

to make Carly happy....

Now listen, my friends. I know that I frequently mention alcohol in my blog.

Here's the thing. When you're literally a soccer mom trapped in the mind numbing repetition of homework, laundry, groceries (rinse, repeat) you can take prozac, or you can tip a little every day, um, ...every now and then. Usually after the kids are in bed, of course.

OK, I am exaggerating. But let's see YOU listen to "Mom...Mom...Mom..." about 3,000 times a day and see if you don't look forward to happy hour.

SO today I went to my uncle C's house for a party for his daughter's high school graduation. Uncle C has worked hard all of his life and now has a BEAUTIFUL home that Carly would die happy in. He and Aunt R are wonderful people and it's so nice to see them really living the American dream.

Uncle C actually is about the only person who got me to drink at my wedding. I didn't want to be a drunk bride, yakking on my wedding night. Uncle C came over to me, and said "Please do a shot with me" .... it was Sambuca. Not a problem, he is old school Italian, and all he was asking was one shot, and it was an honor that he wanted to buy a shot for me to celebrate my joining the family. Until I drank that shot, of course... eeeeeyah. Holy snowflake. But it was still sweet of him.

(side story: there were people crashing my wedding for the free hors d's and open bar... I confronted the chick right after drinking said shot and scared her right out of the room.... must have been the sambuca on my breath and the way I raised my hands in exasperation after having a fruitless conversation with her... my mother overreacted and said "Carly, don't hit her!!" and chick ran out of the room....)

Anyway. Back to today.

Pama, or pomegranate liquor, is a mix of tequila, vodka, and California pomegranates.

Mix it half and half with Champagne, and see if you don't love me after having one (or two, or even three...)

I know, you already love me. Even though I tip a little bit too often. I love you too. No, really. ( I think I had four. Maybe five.... but the flutes were VERY skinny.)

6 comments:

jafabrit said...

I do! I do! Pama sounds delish! Hey dr.john sent me to say hi. Yes, I relate to what you posted. Empty nester now but hey I like me little tipple now and again and will definately try the pommy drink.

cheers

Sue said...

Just dropped by to check out your site. Dr. John sent me.

Catch said...

Carly your my kind of person! A little tipping occasionally never hurt anyone!!! Dr John sent me.....but Ill be back on my own!

Charlene Amsden said...

Dr. John sent me! Sometimes teenagers can drive a body to worse things than drinking!

Anonymous said...

I don't think that I could handle THAT drink! I refuse to drink Vodka ... it can sneak up on you; by then, it's too late. Tequilla makes me really mouthy & Champagne drifty.
I do, tho, use Gin for medicinal purposes only. I call it my external liniment for my bad back ... it relaxes me. It has, at times kept me from mutilating somebody or something.
DR. JOHN SENT ME ... I HAD FUN READING YOUR ENTRIES & REMEMBERING MY "MOMMY" DAYS.

Dr.John said...

I hope you enjoyed our visits without the need of a shot. Because of your kind comment on my blog you now have 2 usless JCPOINTS and are entered in todays drawing for a pricless (ie. worthless) prize. You can check in tomorrow to see if you won.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...