Sunday, July 02, 2006

Mike's mess

After watching 3 kids all day Friday I was ready to make my escape. (My nephew will be spending some time at Camp Carly this summer. Poor kid. I'm going to rock his world.... he's not going to sit in front of the TV at all.)

So anyway around dinnertime I made my escape to Suzy's. We made some sushi rolls with various combos of crabmeat, shrimp, snow peas, carrots, cucumber, etc. They were awesome. Of course there were 3 of us and about 8 rolls, so we made waaaaaay too much. But who cares?

We also slushed up some Mike's hard lemonade. Don't believe that effing commercial. Mike's is very fizzy so if you so much as tap the blender with your pinky the entire thing overflows. Suzy was NOT amused. But in the end we still had enough in the blender and it was fan-freaking-tastic.

"Mike" also sells a sampler with 3 bottles each of lemon, lime, strawberry, and cranberry malt beverages. Just the thing for a lonnnnnnnng family picnic. Yummy!

5 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

speaking of Suzy, why do you still have a picture of her butt on your website?

Not that I'm complaining, but..

Joanne said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sushi! i had some with my hubbuferwiliker on sunday - yum yum yum! what's your secret to making it? is the the bamboo mat?

lemme know

Carly said...

You answered your own question didn't you Johnny?

Her friends think it's funny

Don't bother with a bamboo mat. Use plastic wrap instead. Just don't wrap it into the roll!! hahaha

Joanne said...

PLASTIC WRAP???!?!? that is wikked easy! hubbie and I will hafta try that out! thanks for the info!
=)

katsmeow said...

Mikes is good...I have, however, found that even better is the Parrot Bay assortment of beverages...and I'm not talking the big bottles of rum...I'm talking the ones disguised as wine coolers. Big hit at our 4th cook out/pool party/fireworks show.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...